We are a team of professionals who bring a vast array of experience, dedication and commitment to our Human Resource roles at the City of Eugene. We take pride in applying our professional knowledge, experience and creativity to the unique situations and business needs of our organization and this community.
Our customers include the executive management team, City supervisors and managers, all City employees, work teams, the City Council and members of the public.
Human Resources supports community members by providing a qualified and productive employee workforce that delivers effective and efficient services to the community.
The Human Resources Team:
- consults with departments to attract and hire a diverse group of innovative and talented employees
- leads and manages the City’s workplace policies and labor contracts
- provides consultation and training to enhance individual and organizational performance
- collaborates with staff to meet changing business, policy and organizational needs
- maintains employer-employee relationships which are equitable, legal, productive and positive
- provides managers the tools to support their human resource processes
Human Resources Staff collaborate with our customers to champion the City’s organizational values of:
- Community Service
- Quality of Life
- Sustainability and Human Rights
- Leadership and Collaboration