SPLASH!SPLASH! (Stormwater Pollution Learn and Share!) is a curriculum kit developed with local teachers for grade levels K-8. Units explore water and the effects of pollution in water systems, the water cycle, and local ecosystems. Each unit below includes the lesson plans and handouts in a pdf.
Kindergarten First Grade Second Grade Third Grade
Fourth Grade Fifth Grade Sixth Grade Seventh Grade Eighth Grade
- Additional resources Water and wildlife educational links, many with specific tools for teachers at various grade levels
Salmon and the Ecosystem
Salmon and the Ecosystem, available for grades 5-12, approaches water quality issues with emphasis on salmon and its critical role in our region’s ecosystem, economy and culture.
Lily’s Pages are single-page reading and activity sheets for various grade levels. These are brief, illustrated introductions to pollution and stormwater topics for learners of many age groups.
- Where Dragonflies Dance: Fun facts and vocabulary crossword
- The Dirt on Muddy Water: How soil erosion affects aquatic life
- Your Ecological Address: Where you live in the natural world
- Good Guys in the Garden: Beneficial bugs that we don’t want to harm
- Hazardous Waste Disposal: Toxics in your home
- Lily’s Maze and Scramble: An easy activity sheet
- Oil Spills and Our Environment: A little oil can do a lot of damage
- Pacific Chorus Frog: Tiny frog with a big voice
- Pollinating Friends: The importance of bees, bats and others in food production
- Rain Gardens: Collect and clean rain in your yard
- Ancient Mysteries: Learn about saber-toothed salmon
- Salmon Crossword Puzzle: Vocabulary from the salmon curriculum
- The Secret Life of Soil: The soil is alive with much more than worms
- Learn About Wetlands: Brief overview of wetland ecosystems
- Wiggling Workers: Information about composting with worms
View our 12” x 37” colorful, educational posters for the classroom:
- We All Live Downstream: Wetland wildlife identification (grades K-2)
- Raindrop to River: Stormwater pollution (grades 3-6)
- The Willamette Basin: Watershed basics (grades 5-9)
- Keystone Species: Salmon in the Northwest (grades 5-9)
Please contact the Stormwater Education Office at 541-682-8482 with additional questions. Eugene teachers may request printed copies of these materials, SPLASH! activity supplies, the SPLASH! Songs CD, and visits with Lily for your classrooms.