The City of Eugene is now using the Oregon Procurement Information Network (ORPIN) to notify vendors of contracting opportunities, post bid and proposal documents, and keep proposers up to date on opportunities and contract awards. To be notified of opportunities, vendors must register with ORPIN. To learn more about registering with ORPIN, click here.
The City of Eugene will discontinue using the eBid system on July 26, 2017.
Our goal in the Purchasing Office is to procure goods and services at the best value for the City of Eugene using the most efficient and effective methods possible while abiding by state and local rules and regulations. In order to maintain good stewardship of public funds, the City often considers sustainability factors related to community and environment as well as cost when making purchases. To learn more about how to do business with the City, please read our brochure.
- Solicitation Notices - Click here to review notices posted by Purchasing, Public Works Engineering, and Facility Management.
- - Register here to download solicitation documents and receive future notices of new solicitations.
Rules and Regulations
- Oregon Revised Statutes 279A, 279B, 279C
- City Code 2.1400-2.1450
- City of Eugene Public Contracting Rules
- Exhibit A, City of Eugene - Standard Contract Provisions (ORS Chapter 279B) Goods and Services Including Personal Services OTHER THAN Architects, Engineers, Land Surveyors on Public Improvements
- Exhibit A, City of Eugene - Standard Contract Provisions (ORS Chapter 279C) Services of Architects, Engineers, Land Surveyors and Related Consultants on Public Improvements Construction Services Labor and Services for Public Improvements and Public Works Subject to ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870
Surplus Equipment and GoodsThe Purchasing Office assists in the sale and disposal of City-owned goods and equipment. We utilize a variety of methods for selling items, including selling by online auction, fixed-price sales directly from the City, and in-person auctions through a local vendor. Please see the following resources for more information;
Notice of Intent
When required, the City will post Notices of Intent for cooperative procurements and sole source purchases here.