Public Disclosure Policy
The court is the legal custodian of Eugene Municipal Court Records. Court staff do not have the authority to disclose records from other agencies or offer any legal advice.
Any member of the public may request copies of Eugene Municipal Court documents which are not exempt by law from disclosure. By law, the court may take a reasonable amount of time to determine if a record may be kept confidential and not disclosed, including time to obtain legal advice.
The City of Eugene charges a minimal fee for the costs of providing records. The fees are set in accordance to the Administrative Fee Schedule maintained by the city recorder.
Expunging a Case
An expungement is a legal process provided by ORS 137.225 in which a court may order setting aside a conviction or a record of arrest. The statute provides for expungement of misdemeanors (including municipal ordinances), and violations (including state and local ordinances). Eugene Municipal Court charges a $240 administrative fee for filing an expungement request. Expungements are processed by case number and one fee will cover all eligible charges associated with that case number.
How long do you need to wait before you can expunge a case?
- Three years from the date of the pronouncement of the judgment, after any conviction or bail forfeiture
- Any time after the dismissal of a charge
- One year from the date of the arrest if no complaint was filed
- Expungement Fee Form
- Motion to Set Aside Record of Arrest or Conviction
- Affidavit in Support of Motion to Set Aside Records of Arrest or Conviction – MUST BE NOTARIZED
- A current fingerprint card, obtained from a law enforcement agency
- A certified check or money order for $80 made payable to the Oregon State Police. This is not required if the entire case has been dismissed or no complaint was filed on the case.
Submitting a Public Records Request
Requests for Eugene Municipal Court public records follows the policies and procedures outlined in Administrative Order No. 21-04-01-F and 21-04-02-F. There are 3 options available to request a copy of a citation or other court documents:
- Submit a request using the Eugene Municipal Court online form HERE
- Complete the Eugene Municipal Court Public Records Request PDF Form HERE
- Stop by to pick up the form from a court clerk at the front counter at Eugene Municipal Court.
For further information regarding the City of Eugene's Public Records Request Policy and Fee Schedule refer to Administrative Order No. 21-04-01 and 21-04-02-F. The current fee schedule is located on the City Recorder's web page.
The information on this site does not constitute legal advice, it is provided for information only.While we make every effort to provide accurate information, there is no guarantee as to the accuracy.