Fines and Fees
Tips to Avoid Fines and Fees
- Check your account regularly to renew or return items by due date.
- Sign up for email and/or text messages to receive advance reminders of upcoming due dates.
- Pick up Holds on time to avoid a re-shelving fee. Cancel unwanted requests before they are held for you (filled).
- Suspend hold requests during times you cannot pick them up but would like to remain in line.
- Make sure items are complete (check CD and DVD cases) when you return them.
- Do not share your library card or number.
Pay Fines and Fees Promptly
- Use of your card will be blocked if total charges on your account or any associated account reach $10 or more.
- To restore use, you must reduce the total owed to less than $10. Replacement and processing fees must be paid in their entirely, not simply reduced to less than $10.
- If total charges on your account or any associated account, including overdue fines, reach $50 or more, use of your card will be blocked. The account will be referred to a collection agency and assessed a non-refundable collection charge.
- Overdue fines add up daily until you return the item or reach the maximum charge. If an item is already overdue when you renew it, fines will be charged for the time between loans. Overdue fines are not refundable.
- Grace period: If you return an item within 3 days after the due date, overdue fines will not be charged. If the item is returned four or more days overdue, fines will be charged for each day from the due date.
- Overdue fines do not show in your online account (under Fines & Fees) until the item has been returned.
- If a returned item is too damaged for others to use, you will be charged the replacement cost plus a non-refundable processing fee and applicable overdue fines.
- If you return an item missing a piece (disc, case, liner notes), you will be charged the replacement cost plus a non-refundable processing fee and applicable overdue fines.
- If you return the missing pieces, undamaged, within 14 days, the replacement cost will be waived; however, you will still owe the processing fee and applicable overdue fines.
- If you cannot find the missing pieces, you must pay the bill within 14 days to be eligible for a refund of the replacement cost if, within 3 months following the payment date, you do find and return the missing pieces undamaged. The overdue fines and processing fee are non-refundable.
- An item 30 days past due date is considered lost. You will be charged the replacement cost plus applicable overdue fines and a processing fee.
- If you find and return the item, undamaged, before you have paid the bill, the replacement cost and processing fee will be waived; however, you will still owe the overdue fines.
- If you pay the bill on time, you will be eligible for a refund of the replacement cost if, within 3 months following the payment date, you do find and return the item undamaged. All other charges, including the processing fee, are non-refundable.
- The Library cannot accept replacement copies of lost or damaged materials in lieu of fees.
Fines and Fees
|Overdue Fines||Overdue Charge
per day/per item
|Adult (all formats)||50¢||$10.00|
|Children's and Young Adult (all formats)||25¢||$5.00|
|Downloads (eBooks, etc.)||N/A||N/A|
|Damaged or Lost Items||Charge|
|Original purchase price
|Processing fee||$5.00 per item|
|Other Account Charges||Charge|
Unclaimed Interlibrary Loan
|Search for items said to be returned||First 5 free, then $2.00 each|
|Laptop returned incorrectly||$10|
|Referral to collection agency||$25.00 per account|
|Replacement Library card||$5.00|
|Non-resident Library card:|
|Equipment and Other Charges||Charge|
|B/W photocopy or computer print||10¢ per print side
|Color photocopy or computer print||50¢ per print side
|Microfilm/Microfiche print||25¢ per page|
|Internet use with valid library card||No charge|
|Internet use without valid library card||$3.00 per hour|
|Genealogy/Obituary||$10.00 per request|
|Interlibrary Loan||$5.00 per request|
|Meeting room rental fees||See table|