Parks and Open Space
Statewide Two-Week Freeze
In accordance with Governor Brown's statewide two-week Freeze from November 18 through December 2, we have made the following changes:
- The Rhododendron Garden and Native Plant Garden at Hendricks Park and the Owen Rose Garden are closed.
- Community gardens are open for harvesting produce.
- All volunteer events during this period have been canceled.
- We are not taking park rental applications for dates within the two-week freeze.
Face coverings are strongly encouraged and are mandatory if 6 feet of distance is not maintained – inside or outside. This includes paths, trails, playgrounds and crowded parking lots.
|Parks, paths and trails||Open|
Please play only with members of your own household.
|Community gardens||Partial||Community gardens are open for harvesting produce.|
|Dog off-leash areas||Open|
|Floral gardens||Closed||The Rhododendron Garden and Native Plant Garden at Hendricks Park and the Owen Rose Garden are closed.|
|Park rental permits||Partial||We are not taking rental permits for dates between November 18 - December 2.|
|Picnic sites and shelters||Partial||No more than 6 people total, from no more than 2 households.|
|Playgrounds and play areas||Open||Playgrounds will not be sanitized. Please read recommendations for park users below.|
|Tennis/pickleball courts||Open||Singles play only, doubles with members of household.|
|Volunteer Program Events||Partial||All events between November 18-December 2 have been canceled.|
|Parks and Open Space Office||Closed||In-person lobby services have been suspended. Please call 541-682-4800 for assistance between 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. M-F|
Playground equipment will not be sanitized by Parks staff. We recommend park visitors follow the guidance below:
- Wash hands before and after visiting a playground.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Bring hand sanitizer and/or sanitizing wipes for personal use on any surfaces touched.
- Stay home if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or may have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Sand play areas remain closed.