Reserve a Park
Park Rental Information
Eugene’s unique and scenic parks offer the perfect setting for your next event.
Visit eugene-or.gov/parkrental to search for rentals, see park amenities and view rates all in one place online. There may be a lag in the availability calendar, so please call 541-682-4812 to make sure your date is available.
A permit is required for any public assembly, private gathering, parade, picnic, or other event involving more than 20 individuals in a City park. You may also acquire a permit to reserve a space in a park even when fewer than 20 individuals are attending an event.
Many of the facilities and areas within City parks can be reserved by completing a permit application and paying the required fees.
For most events, parks can be reserved only in the current calendar year. Reservations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Regular registration begins on the first business day of the calendar year.
For events that have been held at the same place and on the same date or weekend for three consecutive years, reservations are taken in December of the year prior to the event.
For more information, please contact us by email or call 541-682-4812.
Park Space Available for Outdoor Fitness Classes
Think outside the gym and take your fitness classes to the parks. Parks and Open Space is adapting the low-cost park rental program to make it easier for local businesses and organizations to rent spaces for health and fitness activities.
While maintaining six feet of distance, outdoor workouts can offer your clients and members a mask-free alternative and reengage those who are not ready to participate in-studio.
If approved, your business can reserve space for up to two hours per day, five days a week for $40 per month.
Classes must adhere to public health guidelines.
A rental permit is required to use park spaces for fitness classes. Permit processing may take up to 14 days depending on demand. Email Amy Meeker or call 541-682-4812 to start the permit process.
This program will be evaluated on an ongoing basis to determine whether it is having a positive impact on long-term recovery efforts.
Rental program details:
- Cost: $40.00 per month.
- $150 refundable security deposit
- Maximum 2 hours per day, 5 days a week.
- No electricity or water available.
- Amplified sound limited to small boombox, Bluetooth speaker, etc. (at 200 feet away others should be able to hold a conversation)
- No stages, large speakers, platforms.
- Be careful to avoid damaging park infrastructure including sprinkler heads and turf.
- Use of the park spaces for fitness classes should not infringe on other park users.
Parks areas available for outdoor fitness class rentals:
- Alton Baker Park, turf #8 or #9
- Bethel Park, field south of the playground
- Bond Lane Park, open field
- Maurie Jacobs Park
- Monroe Park
- Oakmont Park
- Skinner Butte Park
- Tugman Park, open field
- Washington Park, southeast field
- Willakenzie Park, open field
- Other parks may be considered by request