Public Works Building Permits

Information about Public Works’ role in the review of land use applications filed with the Planning Division.

The Permit and Information Center is not open to the public at this time due to Covid-19 restrictions. Currently, you can contact Public Works staff by phone or email.  

Leave a detailed message on either email or phone with your name, contact information and the nature of your call. The person on staff will review and get back to in the order the message is received. 

Email or call 541-682-8400. Updated September 2020.

  1. Review with Staff
  2. Self Service Info

The City of Eugene Public Works Department provides research services in person or online that can help homeowners or potential developers identify Public Works issues related to a property prior to the preparation and submittal of a development application to the City.

The most common issues are related to the site’s location and physical characteristics (slope, availability of public services, potential capital improvements, etc) and not to a specific development proposal. Receiving this information requires no plans be drawn up, and no design be provided.

Maps depicting things such as hydric soils, floodplain, and existing wastewater and stormwater systems provide information about the site that applicants will want to consider when planning a development. At the time applications are submitted to the City, issues that may arise during the review will need to be addressed.

Related Links and Documents