Bus & Transit
Transit is affordable and less stressful than driving. It reduces traffic congestion, noise, pollution, and the amount of land used for
roads and parking.
Riding the bus is a great way to save money, relax, and avoid traffic and parking headaches. Swapping one or two car trips a week for a bus, walk, bike or carpool trip could reduce neighborhood traffic by 10%!
Ride the bus so you don’t have to:
- Warm up the engine
- Find a parking place
- Feed the meter
- Fill the gas tank
- Change a tire
- Change the oil
- Get a parking ticket
- Be towed
- Put up with lousy drivers
- Scrape the windshield
- Get a speeding ticket while trying to get to work on time
On the bus, you can:
- Read the paper
- Drink your coffee (in a travel mug please)
- Study for class
- Prepare for a meeting
- Meet new people
- Read a book
- Listen to music
- Enjoy the view
Other smarttrips Transit Materials
- Rider’s Digest- Routes and Schedules
- Personal Trip Planner Card Opens a New Window.
- LTD Bike on Bus Brochure Opens a New Window.
- EZ Access Brochure Opens a New Window. - Information services provided by LTD for seniors and people with disabilities
- More LTD Accessibility Info Opens a New Window.
More LTD Information
- Online schedules, maps or assistance with route planning Opens a New Window.
- Contact by Phone: 541-687-5555 (1-800-735-2900 TTY-Oregon Relay) or 1-800-248-3861 (toll-free)
- Pick up a Schedule: Eugene Station, 11th Ave. and Willamette St., Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Employer-paid bus pass programs Opens a New Window. (or by phone at 541-682-6213)
Did You Know?
One full 40-foot bus equals a line of moving automobiles stretching 6 blocks. Now, that is congestion relief!