Reports and Discovery
If you have an attorney, or if you are planning to hire an attorney, your attorney must request the police report.
Requesting a Copy of a Police Report or Other Discovery
Discovery is the pretrial process by which one party discovers the evidence, i.e. police report that will be relied upon in the trial by the opposing party.
- Police reports must be requested by phone or in person.
- Discovery is available the day before the arraignment date and must be requested at least 24 hours in advance.(Arraignment: A court appearance in which charges are read and the defendant enters their plea. This is usually the first court appearance after a person is cited or arrested.)
- Photo ID and payment is required at the time of pickup.
- Only the defendant may request and pickup discovery, unless the defendant is under 18, then a parent or guardian may pickup discovery.
- Copies of photos, videos, and other special discovery may take up to a week and prepayment is required.
- Please see the fees listed below.
Please contact our office to request discovery. We require a letter of representation along with the request for discovery in writing. We do accept fax requests, however discovery documents are not faxed in return.
|Police reports||$5 for first 10 pages; $1 for each additional page|
|Photographs on CD||$15|
|Photos printed 3" x 5"||$1 each or $15 per disk|
|9-1-1 audio disk ||$25 each|
City Prosecutor Website Disclaimer
The information on this site does not constitute legal advice. For legal advice contact the Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral at 800-452-7636.