How to Participate - Residential

How to Participate in the GBIP-Residential New Construction

Step 1:  Contact your local utility provider to determine if available energy efficiency, conservation, or renewable energy incentives are available and associated with GBIP eligible certification programs.  For Eugene, the City and EWEB partner to provide a streamlined incentive path for electric heated homes pursuing Earth Advantage certification.  Collect documentation that you have enrolled in one of the green building certification programs.
  • Earth Advantage certification for new homes in EWEB’s service territory:
Juan Serpa Muñoz
Energy Efficient New Construction Program
Eugene Water & Electric Board
541 - 685 - 7445
Email Juan

Step 2: 

Projects must provide all required information at permit intake to participate in the residential GBIP.  Please complete and provide the following items as part of project submittal.
  • Refer to the Residential Intake Checklist to ensure you have all the required documentation needed.
  • Be sure to check the box on the Residential Construction Permit application form that indicates this is a Green Building project.
  • Proof of certification program enrollment (for electric heated Earth Advantage projects in EWEB service territory, a signed Earth Advantage sheet is required).
  • Completed Local Wastewater flow rate spreadsheet (Excel Document) with the total number of fixtures and the flow rates for each type of fixture. Please save to your computer and print.
For more information, you can speak with a residential permit review or permit intake staff member (541-682-5086).