List of Event Permits

Reference list of permits that may be needed for special events

Special Event held on public property Event Notification Form 60 days prior to event  Community Events Manager:
Street closure for block party Private Use of Public Way Permit  2-4 weeks depending on size of event  Public Works:
Sale of alcohol Oregon Liquor Control Commission Permit 21 days prior to event OLCC:
Local City Approval: 541-682-5379
Food provided Lane County Environmental Health  20 days prior to event  Lane County Environmental Health:
Parks and Open Space rental Standard Use/Special
Use Permit
14 days prior to event Public Works: 541-682-4812
Places of assembly, amusement building, bonfires, carnivals or fairs, exhibits and trade shows, fireworks, performances with fire, pyrotechnic special effects, liquid or gas-fueled vehicles or equip. in assembly building, temporary membrane structures and tents. Fire Safety Permit 14 days prior to event  Fire Marshal:
Temporary structures, stages, canopies, or platforms more than 48" above ground, temporary power. Commercial Construction Permit 14 days prior to event  Planning and Development: 541-682-5490
Event Insurance Requirements: non-commercial/small-scale Event Insurance Requirements 14 days prior to event Risk Services: 541-682-5662
Parade on public street or road race Parade Permit 7 days prior to event Police Department:
Street closures Right-of-Way Use Permit 7 days prior to event Public Works: 541-682-5316 
Affects Lane Transit District bus routes LTD Approval   LTD:

Contact Us

  1. Community Programs Senior Manager
    Colette Ramirez
    Ph: 541-682-6347

    Downtown Programs Manager
    Mindy Linder
    Ph: 541-682-6360

    Production Coordinators
    Ph: 541-682-5542
    Kerry Weeks
    Oliver Neill
    Tara Burke
    Melissa Padron
    Nate Trowbridge