Congratulations on your new position with the City of Eugene! Eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that promotes Total Worker Health and supports your overall Wellbeing.
As a benefited employee you will receive an invitation to New Employee Orientation, where you will be given detailed information about your benefit options. Your supervisor will provide you with your benefit packet. Please be sure to bring it with you to orientation. Get a head start by exploring the Employee Health and Wellbeing website before orientation.
Don’t delay! You will need to make important benefit decisions within a limited time frame.
Within 30 days of your hire date
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): If you decide an FSA is right for you, you can easily enroll online. If you choose not to enroll within 30 days of your date of hire, you can enroll during the open enrollment period held in December or mid-year with a qualifying event. To continue participation, you must re-enroll each year.
- Portable Term Life Insurance (PTL): To receive a guaranteed issue amount of supplemental PTL insurance without the need for underwriting, complete the application within 31 days of your hire date. Information and enrollment forms are available on the Employee Benefits Life Insurance page.
Within 60 days of your hire date:
- Name your life insurance beneficiary. Complete the Life Insurance Beneficiary Form included in your benefits packet and return it to the Risk Services Employee Benefits Program at 940 Willamette St. Suite 200 as soon as possible.
- Enroll in a health plan or opt-out of City-provided health plan coverage. Once you have researched your health plan options, it is quick and easy to enroll online. You can opt out of City-provided health plan coverage by submitting the Opt-Out form available on the Employee Benefits website along with proof of other health insurance coverage.
- Please Note: If you do not submit a Health Plan Enrollment Form or Opt-out of health insurance coverage within 60 days of your date of hire, you will be automatically enrolled in employee-only coverage in the City’s Default Health Plan.
As a City of Eugene employee there are many Wellbeing Resources available.
- If covered under one of the City’s Health Plans you can participate in free Health & Fitness classes.
- Use of FitCity, exercise classes and a collection of work out equipment.
- You and your household members have access to the Employee Assistance Program through DIRECTION.
Access the Wellbeing Resources page for additional information.
Eligible employees will be enrolled in a retirement program administered by the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
Visit the PERS/OPSRP page for more information.