Equity & Community Engagement
Eugene’s Office of Human Rights & Neighborhood Involvement works to create an equitable, safe and welcoming community.
We serve the entire community by providing opportunities for meaningful participation in community conversations, access to government processes and services, and by connecting people to local resources and assistance. Though the Neighborhood Association Program, we support neighborhood association boards and residents in making their communities more welcoming and livable. We receive discrimination and bias complaints and work with the Eugene Police Department to track hate crimes and provide support to victims of such crimes.
Sign Up for the Community Bulletin
and receive the weekly e-newsletter that provides news and information about important City programs and events that benefit our community.
We believe that all of us have a stake in creating a place where every person feels valued and respected. The City of Eugene has a long tradition in protecting the rights of our residents and visitors and providing assistance to victims of hate crimes and discrimination.
We protect the rights of our residents and visitors by:
- Receiving complaints of hate crimes and discrimination
- Supporting victims of hate and bias activity
- Publishing annual Hate & Bias reports
- Educating our community on prevention and response to hate and bias activity
- Providing staff support for the Human Rights Commission
- Coordinating accessibility for events, facilities, programs and services
- Helping create better access to government for marginalized communities
- Offering grants to support related community events and initiatives
Neighborhood Association Program
HRNI supports the Eugene Neighborhood Association Program. We promote opportunities for Eugene residents to have their voices heard regarding decisions that affect the livability of their neighborhoods. We also support neighborhood association boards in making their engagement processes more equitable and inclusive. Click on the links below to learn how to get involved with your neighborhood. Love where you live!
Belonging: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
HRNI supports the promotion of equity in city programs, services, and policies. In partnership with the Employee Resource Center, we design and deliver training to increase the capacity of City of Eugene staff to promote equity and belonging in the work they do. We also collaborate with community partners to promote a culture of belonging outside of government structure and to make sure the voices of all community groups are being heard by our local government.
For City of Eugene staff:
For our community:
City Manager’s Office
Human Rights & Neighborhood Involvement
- Address: 101 West 10th Avenue, 1st Floor, Eugene, OR 97401
- Phone: 541-682-5177
- Fax: 541-682-5221
- Email Us
- Hours: The office is open to the public Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m. Call or e-mail for an appointment outside of the drop-in hours.