This page houses documents and plans relating to the work being done to transform Franklin Boulevard.
Survey Summary. This report summarizes the public commentary received in response to a series of four questions that were posed to the community to help guide draft designs for Franklin Blvd.
1. What key values should shape the transformation of Franklin Blvd?
2. What do you currently like about Franklin Blvd?
3. What do you currently dislike about Franklin Blvd and wish to change?
4. What is currently missing from Franklin Blvd that you would like to see created?
These questions were asked during the Design Workshop held in January and posted as a survey on the project home page at www.eugene-or.gov/Franklin. The online survey was launched on February 4, 2019 and closed on February 28, 2019. It was advertised through social media and presentations to promote awareness of it.
Design Workshop #1. A four day design workshop was held from January 28-31, 2019. During this time the community was introduced to the project and invited to provide input to guide potential draft designs. At the end of the workshop, conceptual designs were revealed and opened to public comment.
Public Involvement Plan Opens a New Window. . The public involvement plan describes the strategies and tools for involving the public and other stakeholders in shaping the transformation of Franklin Boulevard. This document is intended primarily as a team resource to help staff coordinate communications and outreach efforts.
Project Overview Memo Opens a New Window. and Review of Existing Plans Attachment Opens a New Window. . This memo provides an overview of the Franklin Boulevard Transformation project. It includes a description of the project and the reasons the project is being undertaken. It lays out the vision, goals, and objectives, based on adopted plans, that will guide Franklin Boulevard’s design. The attachment to this document provides excerpts from relevant plans. The memo and attachment will be used as a resource by the project team and public to understand the past thinking that has gone into this project and the needs the design will resolve.
Environmental Overview Memo. Opens a New Window. This document provides documentation on existing corridor conditions. It will be used to inform the design team and the public so that design concepts can take into account the current environmental, economic, and social conditions in the project area.
- Walnut Station Specific Area Plan
- Eugene Transportation System Plan Vol1
- Eugene Transportation System Plan Vol2
- Envision Eugene Comp Plan
- Eugene Courthouse Transportation Subarea Study
- Community Climate and Energy Action Plan for Eugene
- River Districts A Regional Collaborative
- West University Refinement Plan
- West University Refinement Plan Appendix
- 2040 Regional Transportation Plan
- 2040 Regional Transportation Plan Appendix A-G