Equity and Community Consortium
The The Equity and Community Consortium (ECC) is an information and resource sharing and coordination forum for agencies and jurisdictions that provide governmental and public services in the Eugene-Springfield metropolitan area. This work is coordinated at the City of Eugene by the Office of Equity and Community Engagement and the Employee Resource Center.
The main goals of the ECC are:
- To create a safe and supportive space for individuals and agencies to share, learn, build trust and continue elevating their personal and professional equity leadership.
- To develop and share information about equity and service to our community and to create opportunities for the mutual benefit of the participating agencies and the people that they serve.
- To share experience, progress and challenges associated with each agency’s goals to improve and enhance internal working environments and creating more equitable workplaces.
- To improve equity with respect to each agency’s goods, services, bids, and employment, and to build capacity for each agency to engage in equity work.
- To proactively communicate about the importance of equity in our organizations and the community and stand together against hate and bias.
- To work together while also allowing each agency to make informed, independent action-oriented decisions relying on information and idea exchange and mutual support that is created by the ECC.
Communities of Color & Allies Network - CCAN
The Communities of Color and Allies Network (CCAN) was started by local community folks of color interested in bringing together people in a relaxed social atmosphere to support one another.
First Fridays CCAN
Each month, a different partner agency of the Equity and Community Consortium (ECC) sponsors a networking event for CCAN. The goal of the First Fridays CCAN is to create a safe space that fosters friendships and networks for people of color, social justice allies, and equity workers in the local area. These events usually include some food, kids activities, live entertainment and opportunities to network with other community members and leaders from ECC member agencies .
ALL ARE WELCOME! Regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, veteran status, or abilities.
June 2, 2023 - 4
Host: Eugene Water and Electric Board (EWEB)
Location: Bob Keefer Center, 250 S. 32nd Street, Springfield, OR
July 7, 2023 - 4
Host and Location TBD
Melissa Cariño, Multicultural Liaison