City Master Plans and Documents
Public Works Plans
The Public Works Department is responsible for development, update and administration of infrastructure system plans for streets, pedestrian and bicycle facilities, wastewater sewers, stormwater facilities, and parks and open space.
Street Design Standards, Stormwater and Wastewater Master Plans and the Adopted Land Use Plans and Studies are tools used by both planning staff and developers to ensure adherence to the City of Eugene Code when developing in the city limits. The 2035 Transportation Plan (TSP) is a guide and forecast of potential projects, goals, and a vision the city has for its transportation network throughout our community over the next 20 years and beyond.
Street Design Standards
Eugene’s Complete Street Design Guide is a tool for city staff, developers, and other members of the community to understand the components of Eugene’s streets. The guide will be used for the construction of new streets and when existing streets are redeveloped or retrofitted to better meet transportation needs.. The current version which is the 1999 Design Standards & Guidelines for Eugene Streets, Sidewalks, Bikeways and Access Ways is being updated.
1999 Design Standards & Guidelines for Eugene Streets, Sidewalks, Bikeways and Access Ways
Stormwater Master Plans
The Stormwater Basin Master Plans guide the future of stormwater management in Eugene, and have been completed for six of Eugene’s seven stormwater basins and are available to view and / or download. A draft plan for the River Road - Santa Clara stormwater basin is also available.
The Stormwater Basin Master Plans reflect the results of a multi-year planning effort and focus on a "multiple objective" (flood control, water quality enhancement, and stormwater-related natural resource protection) approach to managing stormwater. Please see the individual plan pages (Stormwater Basin Master Plan and Urban Sewer Master Plan) for more information.
Wastewater Master Plans
The 2020 Wastewater Master Plan organizes a wide variety of information about the City of Eugene wastewater collection system and updates the 1992 Urban Sanitary Sewer Master Plan (USSMP). The plan includes all public portions of the collection system owned and maintained by the City of Eugene, including pump stations. The planning period for this document is 20 years.
The purpose of the master plan is to provide historical information about the development of the existing system, identify the general problems and rehabilitation needs of the existing system, provide design criteria to be used for future system expansion, and identify future needs and estimate costs to extend major system improvements to unserved areas within the urban growth boundary.
Studies and Adopted Plans
Regional & Citywide
- Envision Eugene Comprehensive Plan & UGB Adoption
- Employment Land Supply Study
- Residential Land Supply Study
- Metro Plan (current thru 2019)
- Metro Plan Diagram (2004)
- Metro Plan Amendments (2004-2017)
- Studies/Plans Associated with the Metro Plan
- Eugene 2035 Transportation System Plan
- Public Facilities and Services Plan (current thru 2011)
- Comprehensive Stormwater Management Plan
- Goal 5 Water Resource Conservation
- Community Design Handbook
- Urban Form Plan
- Envision Eugene Community Vision
Area-Specific Refinement Plans
- 19th and Agate Special Area Study
- Bethel Danebo Refinement Plan
- Bethel Danebo Refinement Plan Phase 2
- Downtown Core Area Historic Context
- Downtown Riverfront Specific Area Plan
- Downtown Plan
- Fairmount-University of Oregon Special Area Study
- Jefferson Far West Refinement Plan
- Jefferson Far West Refinement Plan Appendix
- Laurel Hill Plan
- River Road Santa Clara Urban Facilities Plan
- Riverfront Park Study
- Royal Avenue Specific Plan
- South Hills Study
- South Willamette Subarea
- Walnut Station Specific Area Plan
- West Eugene Wetlands Plan
- West University Refinement Plan
- West University Refinement Plan Appendix
- Westside Neighborhood Plan
- Westside Neighborhood Plan Appendix
- Whiteaker Plan
- Whiteaker Plan Appendix
- Willakenzie Area Plan - 1992
- Willakenzie Area Plan - Historic Context
- Willakenzie Plan Appendix
- Willow Creek Special Area Study
- Infill Compatibility Standards
- Lower River Road / Rasor Mixed Use Center
- Role of Accessory Dwelling Units
- Small Lot Development in Eugene
- South Willamette Area Plan
2035 Transportation System Plan (TSP)
Although not mandatory for development, the Transportation System Plans include 20 year forecasting of the transportation needs in our community as well as the city aspirations toward multi-modal transportation options . The plan addresses roadway, bicycle, pedestrian, transit, air and rail networks as well as future projects and policies surrounding the transportation systems. Please visit the Transportation page for more information.