Workforce Equity & Belonging
This page is a collection of resources to support City of Eugene employees and work teams as we together practice equity and anti-racism in our work and lives. This list is not comprehensive and will continue to be updated with new and different resources over time as the needs of our community and organization evolve.
Drop-ins, book clubs, resources and conversation groups will be added here as they become available. Do you have a topic or specific issue you’d like covered as it relates to equity at the City of Eugene? Send an email with your questions or recommendations.
Connect & Learn
We are excited to offer new modules of our Belonging training program for all City of Eugene employees.
A sense of belonging is present when organizations engage the full potential of individuals, where innovation thrives, and views, beliefs, and values are integrated. The Belonging program is a diversity, equity, and inclusion training aimed at supporting City staff to promote a sense of belonging in our organization and in the community and all city employees are expected to participate.
This course will be held over two days and will be completed in Cohorts. After you've enrolled, you will receive two Outlook appointments with the link to join for each session. You will need to attend both days/modules and you need to complete Module 1 before taking Module 2. Enroll in a Belonging training here or by e-mailing COETraining@eugene-or.gov. More opportunities will be available soon.
These resources are available for your personal or group learning experiences.
Complete the course and utilize this Discussion Guide for group conversations.
Templates and speaking points provided from ERC's (HTBAA) Book Club
Resources for Work and Life
Employee Assistance Program - MTR Therapy
MTR Therapy is a wellness service provider for people who Identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer, plus (LGBTQ+), People of Color (POC), and Allies. MTR Therapy delivers wellness services by people who reflect the communities they serve.
- Counseling, health & life coaching, mentoring
- Virtual Services 7 days/week
- Services available for employees, eligible family members, and members of your household
- Four (4) sessions per distinct problem per calendar year
- Virtual 20 minute walk-ins every Tuesday, from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. - link to Tuesday walk-ins can be found on the Wellbeing Calendar
Contact MTR Therapy today!
You can find more information on our benefits page
- Ways to Support Traumatized Staff
- 25 Mental Health Resources Created for the Black Community
- BIPOC Mental Health Service Providers in Lane County
- Black Lives Matter: Community Read
- Black Lives Matter eBooks
- Hate & Bias Prevention and Response Toolkit
- HRNI Newsletter
- COE Equity in Contracting*
- Triple Bottom Line Toolkit*
- GARE Racial Equity Toolkit
*Must be connected to VPN for access