Workforce Equity & Belonging
This page is a collection of resources to support City of Eugene employees and work teams as we together practice equity and anti-racism in our work and lives. This list is not comprehensive and will continue to be updated with new and different resources over time as the needs of our community and organization evolve.
Drop-ins, book clubs, resources and conversation groups will be added here as they become available. Do you have a topic or specific issue you’d like covered as it relates to equity at the City of Eugene? Send an email with your questions or recommendations.
Connect & Learn
We are excited to offer new modules of our new Belonging training program for all City of Eugene employees.
A sense of belonging is present when organizations engage the full potential of individuals, where innovation thrives, and views, beliefs, and values are integrated. The Belonging program is a diversity, equity, and inclusion training aimed at supporting City staff to promote a sense of belonging in our organization and in the community and all city employees are expected to participate.
- Cohort 9: September 22, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. & September 29, 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Cohort 10: September 24, 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. & October 1, 12:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Cohort 11: October 6, 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. & October 12, 7 p.m. - 9:30 p.m
- Cohort 12: November 11, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. & November 14, 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
This course will be held over two days and will be completed in Cohorts. After you've enrolled, you will receive two Outlook appointments with the link to join for each session. You will need to attend both days/modules and you need to complete Module 1 before taking Module 2. Enroll in a Belonging training here or by e-mailing COETraining@eugene-or.gov. More opportunities will be available soon.
Resources for Work and Life
- 25 Mental Health Resources Created for the Black Community
- BIPOC Mental Health Service Providers in Lane County
- Black Lives Matter: Community Read
- Eugene Public Library Black Lives Matter Book List
- Hate & Bias Prevention and Response Toolkit
- HRNI Newsletter
- COE Equity in Contracting*
- Triple Bottom Line Toolkit*
- GARE Racial Equity Toolkit
*Must be connected to VPN for access