Developed properties in Eugene pay stormwater fees to support services that provide clean water, flood protection and healthy habitat for fish and wildlife.
The stormwater system includes over 600 miles of enclosed pipes and other constructed features such as catch basins, curb inlets, and over 300 "green infrastructure" facilities—a combination of constructed and natural vegetated features such as planters, swales, wetlands, streams, rivers, and open channels. Rainwater that does not soak into the ground runs off the land and is conveyed by the stormwater system to local area waterways such as Amazon Creek and the Willamette River.
Stormwater Monthly Fee Schedule
(Current rates effective July 2022)
Commercial / Industrial5
Total Monthly Fee
How your stormwater fees are used every year:
- Clean over 8,500 catch basins and curb inlets
- Collect and recycle over 12,000 cubic yards of leaves
- Eliminate illegal discharges and spills into the stormwater system
- Sweep more than 30,000 curb miles of streets
- Provide stormwater education to students in both school districts
- Protect, restore, and maintain streams, rivers, and wetlands
- Planting over 600 trees along local streams and rivers
- Remove garbage from streams and the banks of the Willamette River
- Improve rainfall runoff management in developed areas
- Replace public drywells to protect groundwater quality
- Administer clean water regulations for construction sites, industries, and new development
- Plant, preserve, and maintain street trees and median vegetation
- Monitor water quality in our local waterways through sampling and data analysis
- FY23 Admin Order 58-22-14-F - Stormwater with Exhibits A (User Fee Schedule) and B (Findings)
- Utility User Fee Brochure
- Wastewater fees and charges
- Fact sheets
Other Stormwater Fees and Charges
Stormwater systems development charges (SDCs) provide a funding source for the public cost to acquire right-of-way and to construct, expand, and rehabilitate stormwater infrastructure such as large pipes, drainage ways, catch basins and culverts.
More information about stormwater SDCs.