Facts about ADUs in Eugene
ADUs are a way to provide space for your family, friends and out of town guests, an affordable rental unit, or just a private studio space in your own backyard. Some people even build one to live in and rent out their house. There are so many possibilities and we’re here to help you through the process, step by step.
• ADUs are currently allowed in all neighborhoods.
• ADUs can be a maximum of 800 sq. ft. or 10% of the lot area in most zones (whichever is smaller).
• ADUs in most zones only need to meet the design standards required for ADUs and are not subject to other residential design
• ADUs do not require additional off-street parking.
• Owner occupancy of either unit is not required.
• ADUs are not restricted by minimum lot size, lot dimension or maximum density.
• ADUs are allowed on alley access lots and flag lots.
• System Development Charges (SDCs) can be financed through the City for up to 10 years