Eugene's transportation system and world class bike infrastructure make it easy to get around. And it shows - Eugene is certified as a Gold Level Bicycle Friendly Community and ranked #3 in the nation in the 2019 PlacesForBikes City Ratings.
Bicycling is a fast, efficient, and healthy transportation option. Grab your bike to have fun, get fit and start out your day energized! Eugene has bike lanes, neighborhood greenways, and a shared-use path network to get you where you need to go:
- 46 miles of shared-use paths
- 187 miles of on-street bicycle lanes
- 71 miles of signed bikeways/neighborhood greenways
- 5 bicycle-pedestrian bridges over the Willamette River
- 2 bicycle-pedestrian bridges over major roads/highways
Plan Your Route
Find the best bike route by checking out the online Eugene-Springfield Bike Map!
- Eugene Bike Map (English)
- Eugene Bike Map (Spanish)
- Springfield Bike Map (English)
- Springfield Bike Map (Spanish)
- Or try Google Maps. Type in your destination and click the bike symbol.
Bike to Work
- Request a safe place for your bike at work.
- Ask your employer about starting an employee benefits program that rewards employees for bicycling work. (Federal Bike Credit)
- Check with your employer about facilities for showering at or near work.
- Wear a helmet, reflective clothing and use lights at night.
- In Oregon, bikes are vehicles and have rights and responsibilities according to the law.
Try A One Way Bike Trip (And Bus Back!)
Maybe it’s too cold in the morning, but the afternoon promises to be perfect for a bike ride. Or possibly the ride to work is an easy downhill glide, while the trip home is an uphill climb. Either way, you can look to the bus schedule to help you out. Each LTD bus is equipped with racks to carry three bikes, no extra charge.
- Greater Eugene Area Riders
- UO Bike Program
- Border Boys Bike Club
- Disciples of Dirt (Mountain Bike Club)
- May is Bike Month Lane County
- UO LiveMove
- Better Eugene Springfield Transportation
- Safe Routes to School
- Center for Appropriate Transportation
- City of Eugene Adaptive Recreation
- City of Eugene Outdoor Program
- Free Bikes 4 Kidz