The City of Eugene will be repaving W 8th Avenue between Garfield Street and Monroe Street in late summer of 2023. When a street is repaved, it provides an opportunity to add elements to the street that make it safer and more comfortable to walk and bike.
In addition to repaving the street, the W 8th Avenue project will also install:
- New curb ramps where needed;
- Curb extensions at select intersections; and
- Speed humps between Chambers Street and Monroe Street.
These changes to the street will help address residents’ concerns about safety on W 8th Avenue, especially for people walking. Over the years, the city has heard multiple concerns about speeding drivers and pedestrian safety on W 8th Avenue. Installing the elements above and making W 8th Avenue safer and more comfortable for people walking could be particularly impactful because W 8th Avenue is one of the city's Vision Zero high crash corridors, as described in the city's Vision Zero Action Plan.
Funding for this project comes from the 2017 Street Bond and Traffic Calming fund.
We want to hear your thoughts and questions about the W 8th Avenue project! Join us at one of the following events or email us at any time.
- In person tabling at Monroe Park on Thursday, June 8th from 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Online, drop-in Zoom meeting on Monday, June 12th from noon - 1:00pm
- Contact Catherine Rohan at email@example.com | 541-682-8472 with additional questions and comments