Open Hours for Driver Certification Processing
City of Eugene - Business License Office
99 W 10th, Eugene, OR
NEW Regular Hours:
9:00 - 11:30 AM
Outside of the above, regular hours, we see people by appointment ONLY. Please call 541.682.5379 to schedule.
CLOSED On Holidays:
Jan. 1 - New Year's Day
Jan. 21 - MLK Jr. Day
Feb. 18 - President's Day
May 27 - Memorial Day
July 4 - Independence Day
Sept. 2 - Labor Day
Nov. 11 - Veteran's Day
Nov. 28-29 - Thanksgiving
Dec. 25 - Christmas
Public Passenger Vehicle (PPV) Driver Certification
In order to operate a taxi, transportation network vehicle or shuttle for-hire in Eugene and Springfield, a driver certification card is required. The card is issued by the City of Eugene for use in both cities. An applicant must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid state-issued driver's license.
Before applying for a PPV Driver Certificate to drive a taxi, transportation network vehicle or shuttle for-hire in Eugene and Springfield, all applicants must read the following PPV regulations:
- Eugene Code Section 3.005 Business Regulations Opens a New Window.
- Eugene Code Section 3.345 Public Passenger Vehicles Opens a New Window.
- Public Passenger Vehicle Administrative Rule Opens a New Window. - Updated 2018
- Transportation Network Company Driver Rules, Regulations and Safety Tips
Transportation Network Company - Driver Certification Process (UBER and/or Lyft)
- One must be at least 21 years old
- Begin the application/registration process online with the TNC of your choice (the TNC must be licensed by the City of Eugene)
- After your background check has been approved by the TNC, fill out the PPV Driver Certification application Opens a New Window. and come into the Atrium Building (99 W 10th Ave, Eugene) to obtain your City of Eugene PPV Driver Certification. *See above for hours*
- You will need to bring with you:
- A Valid State-Issued Driver's License
- Completed Application (paper copies will be available on-site)
- Form of Payment (cash, money order, or Visa or MC - $65)
- Completed Vehicle Inspection Form (can be obtained from the TNC)
- Proof of Personal Automobile Insurance
- Proof of approved background check by a licensed TNC (will be in the app)
- There is an independent appeal process in the case a person would like to dispute the criminal background check findings.
Taxi and Shuttle-for-Hire Driver Certification Process
- Submit the following to the City of Eugene, Business License, 99 W 10th Ave., Eugene, OR 97401
- The completed application form
- A $45 application fee
- All fees are non-refundable. Checks and money orders should be made payable to City of Eugene.
Legal Violations and Certification
The City may deny or revoke a license upon finding that the applicant has violated a law. This includes a violation which does not lead to a conviction, unless the applicant demonstrates to the satisfaction of the city manager that the violation has no bearing on the applicant's fitness to carry out the licensed activity without endangering property or the public health, safety or welfare. Please review the Eugene City Code for the specific language regarding the denial or revocation of license.