Request Records from Eugene Police Department
All records requests must be made in writing.
For ease of requests, we have created a Public Records Request Form. We accept requests by mail, fax, or in person at 300 Country Club Road, Eugene, OR 97401. Fees apply to obtain releasable reports. Please see the Fee Schedule document for current fees.
NOTE: Your computer may require you to approve the Public Records Request Form before displaying.
Copies of police reports are available from the Eugene Police Records Section. Please use the link at the right to access the request form which you may print. Alternatively, you may also obtain a request form at the front counter of Eugene Police Department 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The following information is requested on the form:
- Date, time, location of incident
- Case number
- Name and other contact information for requester
Please fill out the form as completely as possible, the more information you provide, the more likely we will be able to locate the correct report for you.
Photographs taken as part of a police report/investigation may be requested in writing by mail, fax, or in person at the front counter of the Eugene Police Department. Please use the link at the right to access the request form which you may print. After receiving your request, we will contact you within 72 business hours to let you know if the photos are available and the cost. Please use the Public Records Request form for these requests.
Premise/Neighborhood History Report
A list of involvements for a specific address or neighborhood may be requested by mail or at the front counter of the Eugene Police Department, Please use the link at the right to complete the OPS Analysis request form. This request is forwarded and processed through our Operations (OPS) Analysis Department. The fee is $22 for most requests, based on amount of time required to process the report.
Personal Records Checks
- Records checks are $10, and only show contacts with the Eugene Police Department. Notarization is available for an additional $5 fee. It is best to call in advance to ensure a notary is available.
- Full Personal Records information is only provided for the requesting individual who must also present government issued identification. Third party records checks will only show derogatory contacts with the Eugene Police Department.
- If you are unable to come to police records and want all listed contacts (not just derogatory), you may provide a representative with or mail the request to EPD records with a notarized request, and a legible copy of your identification.
- Personal Records checks are provided on a standard form. We do not provide an individualized police clearance or letter of good conduct. It is the burden of the requestor to ensure what we provide is sufficient for their purposes.
- Any individual’s statewide criminal history can be obtained from the Oregon State Police 503-378-3073 or 541-726-2536.
- This record will not show the final court disposition of a criminal charge, which will need to be requested from the specific court involved.
Request a copy of a 911 Tape
You may come to the front counter at 300 Country Club Road to complete a request form.
Based on the information provided in the request form, a search of the files and records will be conducted. A cost estimate letter will be mailed to you if the tape is available. Payment must be made before the request will be processed. The minimum cost of a 911 Tape is $60.
The minimum process time is 30 days. ASAP is not a valid date.
Payments may be made by phone with VISA or Mastercard, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 541-682-5131.