In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the services provided by the Eugene Police Department Records Section have been temporarily limited. We are currently providing the following services:
• Impound Releases
• Pet Fix It Tickets
• Potentially Dangerous Dog Compliance
• After hours bail payments
Public Record Requests can be submitted by fax at 541-682-6804
or by mail to:
Eugene Police Records
300 Country Club Rd.
Eugene, OR 97401
The employees of the records section serve as the main public service counter for the Eugene Police Department and process the tens of thousands of police reports generated annually. Police Records is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. An estimate of the annual volume of work processed:
- 25,000 - police reports
- 23,000 - traffic citations
- 10,000 - warrants
- 1,000 - stolen vehicle reports
Copies of police reports must be requested in writing, and can be submitted by mail, fax, or at the Police Records front counter. If the report is releasable, there is a fee to obtain a copy of it.
Pay Parking Fines
Police Records will accept payment for parking fines after hours, or any time the Municipal Court is closed.
Police Records will accept payment for fines, and boot removal after hours. Boots will be removed by Parking Services staff until 6:00 pm Monday-Saturday. Boots are not removed on Sundays or holidays. We accept cash, Visa, or MasterCard for payment for boot removal.
Personal Records Check
Police Records staff can provide a local records check, which provides a list of an individual’s contacts with the Eugene Police Department only. It does not show the court disposition of the reports or contacts with any other agency. The request form is available in the Police Records lobby and in PDF format under Quick Links to the right on this page. There is a fee for this service (see current fee schedule). The following are some important facts regarding the records check process:
- Records checks are $10, and only show contacts with the Eugene Police Department. Notarization is available for an additional $5 fee. It is best to call in advance to ensure a notary is available.
- Full Personal Records information is only provided for the requesting individual who must also present government issued identification. Third party records checks will only show derogatory contacts with the Eugene Police Department.
- If you are unable to come to police records and want all listed contacts (not just derogatory), you may provide a representative with a notarized request, and a legible copy of your identification. The designee must present their own government issued identification.
- Personal Records checks are provided on a standard form. We do not provide an individualized police clearance or letter of good conduct. It is the burden of the requestor to ensure what we provide is sufficient for their purposes.
- Any individual’s statewide criminal history can be obtained from the Oregon State Police 503-378-3073 or 541-726-2536.
- This record will not show the final court disposition of a criminal charge, which will need to be requested from the specific court involved.
Sex Offender Registration
As a courtesy to the Oregon State Police Sex Offender Unit, Police Records staff provides sex offender registration Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, excluding holidays. Any questions regarding sex offenders should be directed to the Oregon State Police at 503-378-3725 ext# 4429 or visit the registered sex offenders website.
Bail for Eugene Municipal Charges
Police Records staff will accept bail for Eugene Municipal charges when the court is closed. Only cash, Visa, or MasterCard will be accepted for bail.
Vehicle Impound Release
Vehicle release forms are obtained from Police Records at the front counter. For more information on a vehicle release see the How Do I? page for this topic.