The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for the Eugene area. Eugene is expected to see snow beginning overnight Wednesday into the afternoon Thursday with the potential of freezing rain to follow. Employees throughout the City are gearing up to respond to conditions as appropriate.
Public Works crews have been monitoring the conditions, applying deicer, and preparing equipment to be ready if needed, and the public can stay informed on the status of Eugene road conditions at www.eugene-or.gov/snow.
Eugene Police have issued a driving advisory for possible slick commute conditions and driving tips are available for those who will need to travel during adverse weather.
For people looking to warm up during the cold snap, public spaces in the following City facilities will be open during business hours even if activities there are canceled:
- Amazon Center, 2700 Hilyard St., 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F
- Campbell Center, 155 High Street, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M-F
- Downtown Public Library – 100 W. 10th Ave., 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., M-Th; 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. F
- Echo Hollow Pool, 1655 Echo Hollow Rd., the building will be closed early this evening at 5:15 p.m. and open late on Friday at 11:00 a.m.
- Hilyard Center, 2580 Hilyard Street, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., M-F
- Petersen Barn Center, 879 Berntzen Rd. 9a.m.-5 p.m. M-F
- River House Center, 301 N. Adams Street, noon – 4 p.m., M-F
- Sheldon Pool, 2443 Willakenzie Rd, the building will be closed early this evening at 5:15 p.m. and open late on Friday at 11:00 a.m
Updated information will continue to be available on the City of Eugene’s website at: www.eugene-or.gov as well as via Twitter at @CityofEugene