The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for the Eugene area. Eugene is expected to see snow continuing Friday with the potential of freezing rain to follow. Employees throughout the City are gearing up to respond to conditions as appropriate.
Public Works crews have been monitoring the conditions, sanding and plowing priority routes. Crews will work through the night and continue workiing 24/7 until the storm event is over. The public can stay informed on the status of Eugene road conditions at www.eugene-or.gov/snow.
Eugene Police have issued a driving advisory for possible slick commute conditions and driving tips are available for those who will need to travel during adverse weather.
Municipal Court remains open, but due to weather conditions, alternate times are available for those unable to travel today. More on Municipal Court schedules here.
For people looking to warm up during the cold weather, public spaces in the following City facilities are currently open. Some may close earlier than usual; stay tuned for updates:
- Amazon Center, 2700 Hilyard St., 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F
- Campbell Center, 155 High Street, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M-F
- Downtown Public Library – 100 W. 10th Ave., 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. today.
- Echo Hollow Pool, 1655 Echo Hollow Rd., closiing at 4 p.m. today
- Hilyard Center, 2580 Hilyard Street, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., M-F
- Petersen Barn Center, 879 Berntzen Rd. 9a.m.-5 p.m. M-F
- River House Center, 301 N. Adams Street, noon – 4 p.m., M-F
- Sheldon Pool, 2443 Willakenzie Rd.: closing at 4 p.m. today
Updated information will continue to be available on the City of Eugene’s website at: www.eugene-or.gov as well as via Twitter at @CityofEugene