Residents whose homes remain without electricity can find warmth and power outlets at City facilities. During regular business hours, City of Eugene Community Centers and Libraries are good places to warm up if you are without power. You can also charge up your cell phones, tablets or laptops. No hot water? The locker rooms of City’s two pools are available for showers during regular business hours.
Here are the addresses and business hours of City facilities:
- Amazon Center, 2700 Hilyard Street
M-F, 9 am – 5 pm
- Campbell Center, 155 High Street
M, 8:30 am – 7 pm; Tu-F, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Hilyard Center, 2580 Hilyard Street
M-F, 9 am – 5:30 pm
- River House Center, 301 N. Adams Street
M-F, noon – 4 pm
- Petersen Barn Center, 870 Berntzen Road
M-F, 9 am – 5 pm
- Sheldon Pool, 2443 Willakenzie Road
MWF, 5:30 am – 8:30 pm; TTh, 6:30 am – 8:30 pm
- Echo Hollow Pool, 1655 Echo Hollow Road
MWF, 5:30 am – 8 pm; TTh, 6:30 am – 8:30 pm
- Downtown Eugene Library, 100 W. 10th Avenue
M-Th, 10 am – 8 pm; F-SU, 10 am – 6 pm
- Sheldon Branch Library, 1566 Coburg Road.
Tu: 2-8 pm; W-Th: 2-6 pm; F-Sa, 10-4
- Bethel Branch Library, 1990 Echo Hollow Road
Tu: 2-8 pm; W-Th 2-6 pm; F-Sa, 10-4
Meanwhile, Public Works is making headway in cleaning up tree debris on city streets, but much work remains. Crews are working in 17 sectors around the city, and assessment teams are reporting and prioritizing hazards, including in parks and off-street bike paths.
To report a hazard, call Public Works at 541-682-4800. To report down power lines, call EWEB at 541-484-2300.
Debris on private property should not be placed in the street. View tips on disposing of brush on private property and a tip about free firewood.