Spring Break – Crime Prevention
Protect your property
During spring break, criminals have a tendency to target student property; specifically cars and homes.
If you are leaving town for the break or if you are going to be away from your property for an extended period of time, here are some simple tips that can help prevent you from being a target. Burglary prevention
Theft from vehicle prevention
- Lock doors and windows.
- Don't leave valuables visible through windows.
- Take your valuables with you when you leave for the break.
Theft of vehicle prevention
- Never leave ANYTHING in view even when your car is locked.
- Park in busy and well-lit areas.
- Use a steering wheel locking device. The Club anti-theft device is available at the following locations:
- EPD Headquarter, 300 Country Club Rd.
- West University Station, 791 E. 13th Ave.
- EPD Downtown Station, 960 Olive St.
- Use a vehicle security system.
If you see activity that looks suspicious, report it to the police on-campus at 541.346.2919, and off-campus at 541.682.5111.