On July 28, 2014, the Eugene City Council passed a law that allows everyone working within the Eugene city limits to accrue paid sick time at work. On July 1, 2015, the ordinance will go into effect and eligible workers will begin accruing sick time.
The next step with the implementation of the adopted Sick Leave Ordinance is the creation of the administrative rules. Prior to drafting these rules, staff would like to receive input from the community on what items should be addressed.
To provide input, community members are invited to attend one of three public meetings, beginning next week:
- Tuesday, October 21, 6-8:30 p.m. - Harris Hall, Lane County Public Service Building
- Tuesday, October 28, 6-8:30 p.m. - Bascom/Tykeson Room, Eugene Public Library
- Thursday, November 6, 6-8:30 p.m. - Bascom/Tykeson Room, Eugene Public Library
All three meetings will be the same, so there is no need to attend more than one.Prior to drafting rules, City staff want to hear suggestions about topics such as:
- Portions of the ordinance that should be clarified
- Terms that should be defined
- Other items that perhaps should be included in the rules
Prior to the meetings, staff will prepare a brief document to help guide comments for those who attend, which will be posted at www.eugene-or.gov/sickleave
. There will be a minimum of presentation at the meetings. The purpose of the meetings is mostly to provide an opportunity to listen to public input.
for more information.