The winners from the 32nd Annual Mayor’s Art Show at Jacobs Gallery in the Hult Center for the Performing Arts have been announced. There were 206 entries this year, and the jurors selected 46 works of art to be exhibited in the show that runs through Sept. 19, 2015. Winners include:
- Mayor’s Award goes to Michael Cross’ drawing “Inequality”; the winner was chosen by Eugene Mayor Kitty Piercy
- Artistic Director’s Award goes to Terry McIlrath’s acrylic painting “Moon Lake”; the winner was chosen by Beverly Soasey, Jacobs Gallery Artistic Director
- Visionary Award goes to Jody Sibert’s collage/mixed media work “Between Paradigms”; the winner was chosen by Isaac Marquez, City of Eugene Public Art Manager
- First Juror’s Award goes to Joseph Lieberman’s oil painting “Harlequin Dreams”; the winner was chosen by J.S. Bird, artist and Lane Community College art faculty
- Second Juror’s Award goes to Kenneth Standhardt’s ceramic piece “Temple Vessel with Rattle Lid”; winner chosen by Jill Hartz, Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art Executive Director
- Third Juror’s Award goes to Karin Clarke’s monotype “Away”; the winner was chosen by David Hilton, art collector and Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management Vice President and Senior Financial Advisor
- Best of Show goes to Juliette Loquidis’ collage/mixed media piece “Cries and Whispers”; the winner was chosen by the three jurors listed above
The Viewers Choice Award will be announced at the Sept. 4, 2015 ArtWalk around 6:30 p.m. The Jacobs Gallery is open Tuesday - Friday from noon – 4 p.m. and Saturday from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
For more information, visit the A href="http://www.jacobsgallery.org/MAS/">Jacobs Gallery website.