With the hot, dry conditions in our area, we are encouraging all community members to be vigilant and extremely cautious with all ignitions sources.
• No outdoor burning within the City limits of Eugene or Springfield.
• Forested areas of the South Hills may be within Oregon Dept of Forestry protected lands
and subject to ODF restrictions. For current info click the ODF link below.
• No fireworks use (private or commercial) will be permitted.
• Finish all potentially spark producing activities before 1:00 pm or begin after 8:00 pm.
Mowing, weed eating, use of power saws, welding, cutting torch, etc.
• Have a hose or water source ready while performing any of the above activities.
• Keep all weeds and dry grass mowed to under 6 inches in height.