News Home
The original item was published from 2/29/2016 11:12:29 AM to 9/4/2020 1:48:15 PM.



Posted on: February 29, 2016

[ARCHIVED] Man Arrested for Burglarizing Two Residences

On February 28 after midnight there was a burglary reported at 1600 block on High Street (Case 16-03319). There were multiple individuals who live there and one of whom was home at the time of the burglary. The 20-year-old male victim was awakened by a sound of someone walking around inside his residence, then yelling. He got up, and spotted a black male, 5’8” tall, in his early 20s, with a stocky build and medium length braided hair, wearing a red shirt and a red hat. The victim confronted him and the suspect began to leave, but he turned and grabbed coats from the coat rack near the door before sprinting out the front door. The victim chased him briefly, but couldn’t keep up. The victim gave a good description and direction of travel. One of our officers located a man matching the suspect’s description changing his clothes at the trunk of a car at E. 20th and Hilyard. He was contacted and identified as Kerry Cargill Stabler, Jr., age 25.

In that case, 1603224, the home of a group of males in their early 20s, in the 1700 block of Mill Street was burglarized on February 28. One of the housemates was home during the burglary, but didn’t awaken. The other housemates were out and when they returned between, they found their home had been burglarized at reported this around 1:12 a.m.. Missing were electronics. Officers had been responding to the burglary on High Street, when this burglary aired and were able to link the two cases.

Stabler was arrested without incident on Burglary 1 and Theft I for case 16003319, and on two counts of Burglary 1 and one count of Theft 1 for case 1603224. He was taken to the Lane County Jail and became more uncooperative as the process continued. As he was taken out of the car, he kicked his legs out of the car toward the officer. When he was walked to booking, He was trying to pull away. In the Prebook room, he faced the officer, squared off and refused to sit down. When the officer pushed him backwards and down towards the bench, he pushed back again the officer. Deputies responded to take him to booking area due to his behavior. He began yelling, eventually becoming physically resistive and requiring physical control.

Facebook Twitter Email