This fall and winter, some parts of the Downtown Library will be remodeled to best meet current community needs and priorities. Changes will include:
- More teen space for reading, studying, activities
- More seating options for adults
- More power sources for easier use of technology
- More items added to the popular Lucky Day collection
Accomplishing these aims will require some rearranging, which means some items will be moved to new places. At times during the work process, some areas and items will be temporarily unavailable. We will do our best to make it as easy as possible for you to use the Library as fully as possible during this time. Thank you in advance for your patience and flexibility.
Frequently asked questions:
- Are some things going away?
All existing collections and services will continue. We’re just moving some items and services to different locations in the Downtown building.
- Why are these particular changes being made?
The remodel decisions are based on input from Eugeneans, including:
- the priorities voters expressed in approving the 5 year levy
- studies of people’s current use of the space
- professional judgment including an understanding of this community and public library services nationwide
- Will ____________ be moved and where to?
While some decisions have been made, the plans aren’t absolutely definite yet because they may be affected by input from contractors and vendors. As plans become firmer, we will post more info on signs and our website.
- Didn't I hear that eventually the Library supposed will expand onto the 4th floor?
Yes, that is the plan for some point in the future. But it will still be awhile. Right now, there are other City services on the 4th floor that will move when a new City Hall is ready.
- Does this have anything to do with the elevators?
No, this is only about where Library items and services are located. The City of Eugene is handling elevator repairs in the Downtown Library building along with all of the City’s elevators.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please let us know. Contact Library Customer Experience Manager LaVena Nohrenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-682-8314. Thank you!