This past fall and winter, some parts of the Downtown Library were remodeled to best meet current community needs and priorities, including:
- More teen space for reading, studying, activities
- More seating options for adults
- More power sources for easier use of technology
- More items added to the popular Lucky Day collection
Accomplishing these aims required some physical rearranging within the Downtown building, including:
- CDs and DVD/Blu-Ray (movies, TV, and nonfiction) are now on the 2nd floor
- The Language Center has moved near the 2nd floor Reference Desk
- Lucky Day has moved near the 1st floor Holds shelves
- A number of computers, tables, chairs, and outlets have been added, updated, or moved
We expect to complete work on the expanded and redesigned 1st floor Teen Center in summer 2018.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience during this time -- and please ask staff anytime you need assistance finding what you're looking for.
Why were these changes made? The remodel decisions were based on input from Eugeneans, including: the priorities voters expressed in approving the 5 year levy; studies of people’s current use of the space; and professional judgment including an understanding of this community and public library services nationwide.
Thank you to all Downtown Library visitors for your patience, flexibility, and support during these past few months!
If you have additional questions or concerns about any of these changes, please let us know. Contact Library Customer Experience Manager LaVena Nohrenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-682-8314.