Rats have become a growing concern in many areas of Eugene. In order to enable residents, neighborhood associations, and community groups to spread information about rat prevention and control, the City has created a free Rat Education Kit.
The kit includes easy to use education tools including:
- Text for newsletters or emails
- Downloadable posters and brochures to share or print
- Graphics created for Facebook and Twitter
- Text for social media posts
“Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for community members to educate each other about rat prevention and control,” explains Lindsay Selser, City of Eugene Communications Analyst.
No permission is needed to use these but staff would like to hear where and how you use them to track our educational outreach efforts.
Suggestions to help eliminate rodent problems and stop them before they begin include:
- Keeping yards free of debris that could harbor rodents
- Preventing access to structures by sealing cracks and holes
- Removing sources of food, which includes following proper composting methods and keeping pet food contained.
Read more about rat prevention, including how to identify if you have a rat problem and how to eliminate them if you do.