Local companies providing services ranging from catering to marketing are invited to the City of Eugene’s Supplier Summit next Thursday, September 13, from 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at the Lane Events Center (796 W 13th Avenue, Eugene), hosted by the Equity in Contracting Program and sponsored by Lane Transit District.
“This free open house is intended for suppliers interested in contracting with the City and local agencies,” says Abby Alway, Equity in Contracting Program Coordinator. “Our goal is to assist suppliers in gaining an understanding about contracting with government, building connections in our region, and learning about upcoming projects.”
Suppliers will have opportunities to meet with project managers, buyers, and representatives from several City divisions and local agencies, as well as business development and mentoring resource partners. In addition to the open house, suppliers will have access to eight presentations ranging from Doing Business with LTD to Emergency Management for Your Business.
Agencies attending the Summit to talk with potential suppliers include:
- City of Eugene (9 departments/sections)
- Lane Transit District
- Lane County
- Eugene Water & Electric Board
- City of Springfield
- Certification Office for Business Inclusion & Diversity/ Business Oregon
- Oregon Procurement Information Network
- Small Business Advocate Program
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Government Contract Assistance Program
- Lane Small Business Development Center
- SCORE Willamette
- Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs
- Oregon Department of Transportation
This free event has plentiful parking at the Lane Events Center.
Learn More and Register
See the presentation agenda and register online
City staff are looking forward to the opportunity to connect with the community. We hope to see both new and familiar faces learning about opportunities to work with the City and our partner agencies.