This year, City of Eugene Cultural Services expands its free Halloween offerings with plenty of spooky excitement.
In addition to hosting All Hallows’ Eugene from 4-7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 31, Cultural Services will also hold Eugene’s inaugural Coffin Races from noon-4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27. The Halloween-themed Soap Box Derby will transform 3rd & Lincoln into a racetrack for a ghoulish spread of competitors. One champion will rise to the top, but there will be multiple other awards including most creative casket and best team costumes. The finish line will feature free live music, a beverage garden, food trucks, pumpkin carving, Halloween-themed activities and more.
Then on Oct. 31, kids and adults alike will find a fun and spooky time downtown at the fifth annual All Hallows’ Eugene with trick-or-treating at local businesses, pet and people costume contests, and free family activities.
- Saturday, Oct. 27
- Noon-4 p.m.
- 3rd & Lincoln
- Wednesday, Oct. 31
- 4-7 p.m.
- In and around Kesey Square in Downtown Eugene (unless noted otherwise)
Costume Contest - Pets
- 4-4:30 p.m.: Contest registration
- 4:40-5 p.m.: Pet contest and awards
Costume Contest - People
- 4-5 p.m.: Contest registration
- 5:15-5:45 p.m.: People costume contest
- 6-6:15 p.m.: Awards
- 4-4:15 p.m.: Sheldon Marching Band
- 4:15-4:20 p.m.: Thrill the World Flash Mob
- 4:20-4:30 p.m.: Flex Studios
- 5-5:10 p.m.: Upstart Crow Dance Theatre
- 5:50-6 p.m.: Hexenbrut Witches
- 6:15-7 p.m.: All Hallows' DJ Dance Party
Downtown Athletic Center
- Complimentary popcorn and apple cider
- Carnival activities, crafts and spooky decorations
- Bounce house
- Food and beverage for purchase