Colder temperatures overnight could turn melting snow to ice, leading to very icy roads in the morning. Public Works crews will be working throughout the night to sand priority one routes, but that leaves a lot of other slick roads. If you must leave your home, see safe winter driving tips.
The following City of Eugene programs and services were affected by the inclement weather on Monday, February 25. Please check back for updates.
- The following City of Eugene Central Services offices will be closed:
- City Manager's Office
- Human Resources
- Information Services (may open midday)
- Risk Management
The City Council Work Session (5:30 p.m.) and Meeting (7:30 p.m.) are canceled.
- Municipal Court is closed.
Library, Recreation and Cultural Services
- All three Eugene Public Library locations and Eugene Rec community centers and pools are closed.
The following parks are closed due to the possibility of tree failures:
- Hendricks Park
- Ridgeline Park System
- Skinner Butte
The public is advised to use extreme caution near trees in all parks. In addition, two tree crews are moving throughout Eugene responding to over 20 tree hazards. More are expected.
Planning and Development
- The City of Eugene Atrium Building is closed. The Planning and Development Department will not be offering any services to the public today due to inclement weather.
- The Permit Information Center is closed. There will be no inspections or code compliance visits.
- The February 25 Planning Commission meeting is canceled.
Spay and Neuter Clinic
- The City of Eugene Spay and Neuter clinic is closed for surgery on Monday, February 25, 2019.
- Staff will be calling to reschedule today's surgery appointments as soon as possible.