Public Works crews continue to work on clearing priority one routes. They will be working on priority two and three routes throughout the night.
The City’s tree crews are diligently working to respond to over 60 downed tree reports. They’ve stayed focused on clearing streets and removing hazards. They will return to chip and haul away trees in the coming days. Homeowners working on their own tree issues are asked to help keep roads clear by not placing debris and vegetation from their property in the City right of way.
Melting snow and freezing temps overnight mean very icy roads tonight and into the morning, the public should exercise extreme caution and avoiding driving if possible. The City’s ice/snow emergency declaration remains in effect. The emergency declaration means all vehicles must be removed immediately from designated snow emergency routes.
The City’s ice/snow ordinance prohibits parking along streets designated as snow emergency routes while a snow/ice emergency is in effect. Typically, emergency routes are collectors, arterials, and bus routes.
The parking ban will remain in effect until further notification. Listen to local radio and television stations for regular updates. f you have questions about which streets are emergency routes and subject to the parking ban, call 682-4800, or see www.eugene-or.gov/snow.
To check driving conditions, including traffic cameras along highways and streets, go to TripCheck.com. Stay safe.
The following City of Eugene programs and services were affected by the inclement weather on Monday, February 25. Please check back for updates.
- The following City of Eugene Central Services offices will be closed:
- City Manager's Office
- Human Resources
- Information Services (may open midday)
- Risk Management
The City Council Work Session (5:30 p.m.) and Meeting (7:30 p.m.) are canceled.
- Municipal Court is closed.
Library, Recreation and Cultural Services
- All three Eugene Public Library locations and Eugene Rec community centers and pools are closed.
The following parks are closed due to the possibility of tree failures:
- Hendricks Park
- Ridgeline Park System
- Skinner Butte
The public is advised to use extreme caution near trees in all parks. In addition, two tree crews are moving throughout Eugene responding to over 20 tree hazards. More are expected.
Planning and Development
- The City of Eugene Atrium Building is closed. The Planning and Development Department will not be offering any services to the public today due to inclement weather.
- The Permit Information Center is closed. There will be no inspections or code compliance visits.
- The February 25 Planning Commission meeting is canceled.
Spay and Neuter Clinic
- The City of Eugene Spay and Neuter clinic is closed for surgery on Monday, February 25, 2019.
- Staff will be calling to reschedule today's surgery appointments as soon as possible.