Another night of snowfall has again created slick conditions on roads throughout the city. There are also new reports of trees down throughout the city. People are urged to stay off the roads. If you have to go out, give yourself plenty of time to get where you’re going and slow down.
- Plows continued to clear snow throughout the night on all priority routes. While crews are making progress, roads are slick.
- Overnight snowfall brought down additional trees. Crews are out right now clearing tree hazards. People should be prepared for hazards on the ground and overhead.
- The ice/snow emergency declaration remains in effect. People should move cars parked on priority routes. The cars create a safety hazard for plows and emergency vehicles.
Tree crews are continuing to identify and remove hazards in the public right-of-way as their top priority. The public is asked to call 541-682-4800 to report downed trees along streets and in medians. If a tree has been tagged with white paint on its trunk, it has already been identified by staff and does not need to be reported.
Homeowners are asked to keep in mind that they are responsible for cleaning up and disposing of privately owned trees and should not place privately owned tree debris in the right-of-way. Debris needs to stay on the homeowners’ property and not be placed near or past the sidewalk. People can also help by clearing a path on the sidewalks in front of their property, as required by City code.
Listen to local radio and television stations for regular updates. If you have questions about which streets are emergency routes and subject to the parking ban, call 682-4800, or visit www.eugene-or.gov/snow.
To check driving conditions, including traffic cameras along highways and streets, go to TripCheck.com.
The following City of Eugene programs and services are affected by the inclement weather on Wednesday, February 27. Please check back for updates this morning as we evaluate the situation and make determinations about various facilities.
City Manager's Office
- The City Manager's Office is open.
- The Office of Human Rights and Neighborhood Involvement is closed.
Eugene Police Department
- The monthly Eugene child car seat clinic held at Fire Station #2 is canceled for Thursda, February 28.
- Municipal Court will open at noon.
Library, Recreation and Cultural Services
- Sheldon and Echo Hollow Pools, and all community centers, are closed until noon. We will provide an update about the afternoon as the morning progresses.
- The downtown Eugene Public Library is open during regular hours. We will provide an update about programming as soon as possible.
- Sheldon and Bethel branch libraries are closed.
- Hult Center
The following parks are closed due to the possibility of tree failures:
- Hendricks Park
- Ridgeline Park System
- Skinner Butte
The public is advised to use extreme caution near trees in all parks.
Planning and Development
- The City of Eugene Atrium Building is open and providing services based on staff availability.
- The Permit Information Center is open during regular hours.
Spay and Neuter Clinic
- The City of Eugene Spay and Neuter clinic is closed for surgery on Wednesday, February 27.
- Staff will be calling to reschedule today's surgery appointments as soon as possible.