This evening and overnight City crews will continue to clear remaining snow and ice from priority one, two and three roadways. To date over 190 miles have been plowed. Crews will also be sanding and deicing up in the hills and around intersections in order to prepare for a potentially icy morning commute.
Crews are still struggling to clear roads due to cars remaining on priority routes. The City’s ice/snow emergency declaration still remains in effect which prohibits parking along streets designated as snow emergency routes while a snow/ice emergency is in effect. Community members are asked to move cars off these routes. To find out if they are on a priority route they can check out the map at www.eugene-or.gov/snow or call 541-682-4800.
As ice and snow melt Thursday some flooding is expected. Community members are reminded to keep tree and other cleanup debris from their yards on their property and be sure not to block storm drains. Street flooding can be reported by calling 541-682-4800.
The following City of Eugene programs and services were affected by the inclement weather on Wednesday, February 27. Please check back for updates.
City Manager's Office
- The City Manager's Office is open.
- The Office of Human Rights and Neighborhood Involvement is closed.
Eugene Police Department
- The monthly Eugene child car seat clinic held at Fire Station #2 is canceled for Thursday, February 28.
- Municipal Court is open at noon.
Library, Recreation and Cultural Services
- All Rec community centers and pools open today at noon for drop-ins, except for River House Outdoor Center, which remains closed.
- All Rec programming is canceled.
- The downtown Eugene Public Library is open until 6 p.m. The Maker Hub is closed and the D&D program in canceled. Story Times are still on.
- Sheldon and Bethel branch libraries are closed.
- Hult Center
- The 5:30 p.m. Downtown Neighborhood Association: Downtown Riverfront Redevelopment Open House has been canceled.
- The 6 p.m. Downtown Neighborhood Association meeting has been canceled.
- The Hearings Official Public Hearing is on as scheduled.
The following parks are closed due to the possibility of tree failures:
- Hendricks Park
- Ridgeline Park System
- Skinner Butte
The public is advised to use extreme caution near trees in all parks.
Planning and Development
- The City of Eugene Atrium Building is open and providing services based on staff availability.
- The Permit Information Center is open during regular hours.
Spay and Neuter Clinic
- The City of Eugene Spay and Neuter clinic is closed for surgery on Wednesday, February 27.
- Staff will be calling to reschedule today's surgery appointments as soon as possible.