Cold temperatures overnight have created icy conditions on the roads. While City crews worked overnight to sand and de-ice, roads are slick. If you plan to go out, give yourself plenty of time to get where you're going and slow down.
Crews also continued to remove tree hazards from the roads overnight. People should be prepared for tree hazards on the ground and overhead. The public is asked to call 541-682-4800 to report downed trees along streets and in medians. If a tree has been tagged with white paint on its trunk, it has already been identified by staff and does not need to be reported.
The City’s ice/snow emergency declaration still remains in effect which prohibits parking along streets designated as snow emergency routes while a snow/ice emergency is in effect. Community members are reminded to please to move cars off these routes. To find out if they are on a priority route they can check out the map at www.eugene-or.gov/snow or call 541-682-4800.
As ice and snow melt Thursday some flooding is expected. Community members are reminded to keep tree and other cleanup debris from their yards on their property and be sure not to block storm drains. Street flooding can be reported by calling 541-682-4800.
Listen to local radio and television stations for regular updates. If you have questions about which streets are emergency routes and subject to the parking ban, call 682-4800, or on the internet at www.eugene-or.gov/snow.
To check driving conditions, including traffic cameras along highways and streets, go to TripCheck.com.
The following City of Eugene programs and services are affected by the inclement weather on Thursday, February 28. Please check back for updates as information becomes available.
Eugene Police Department
- The monthly Eugene child car seat clinic held at Fire Station #2 is canceled for Thursday, February 28.
Library, Recreation and Cultural Services
- Hilyard Community Center will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. It will offer showers, a place to charge electronic devices, and a place to stay warm and dry.
- Other Rec facilities will be available at noon including the Amazon, Campbell and Sheldon Community Centers, Petersen Barn, and Echo Hollow and Sheldon Pools.
- All Rec programming is canceled.
- Sheldon, Bethel and Downtown Libraries will open at 10 a.m.
The following parks are closed due to the possibility of tree failures:
- Hendricks Park
- Ridgeline Park System
- Skinner Butte
The public is advised to use extreme caution near trees in all parks.
Spay and Neuter Clinic
- The City of Eugene Spay and Neuter clinic is open today during regular hours.