On Monday, June 24, 2019, at 7:30 p.m. the Eugene City Council will hold public hearings and take action on the FY20 Budget as previously recommended by the Budget Committee. Members of the public are encouraged to provide their feedback on the FY20 Budget.
The meeting will be in Harris Hall, Lane County Public Service Building, 125 East 8th Avenue. You can view the Agenda Item Summary for the City of Eugene FY20 Recommended Budget at https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/View/46742 and the Urban Renewal Agency FY20 Recommended Budget at https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/View/46743/.
The Proposed Budget was reviewed and deliberated on by the Eugene Budget Committee during four meetings throughout April and May, which included public input. On May 22, the Budget Committee voted to recommend that the City Council adopt the FY20 Proposed Budget with the following additions:
For the City of Eugene budget:
- $2,267,000 to fully fund the Striker Field Park Project with a total budget of $3,500,682.
- $45,000 in one-time funding to the Human Services Commission.
- $130,000 in ongoing funding to add 1.0 FTE Multicultural Liaison position.
- $120,000 in ongoing funding to improve and address downtown sanitation services.
- Recommend that City Council direct the City Manager to determine start-up and ongoing costs for revolving loan programs to assist residents in Eugene, such as with paying their security deposits, emergency rental assistance and down payment or mortgage assistance, and to place these programs on the 2020 Unfunded Needs Assessment.
For the Urban Renewal Agency budget:
- A one-time allocation of Riverfront Urban Renewal funds in the amount of $8 million for the Park and $4 million for the Plaza.
The full text of the Budget Committee motions is available to view at https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/View/46470/.
At the same meeting the City Council is also scheduled to hold public hearings and take action on the current fiscal year (FY19) Second Supplemental Budget. View the Agenda Item Summary for the City of Eugene FY19 Second Supplemental Budget at https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/View/46746/.
Visit https://www.eugene-or.gov/524/Public-Participation to learn more about how to provide written or public testimony to City Council.