During the high temperatures this week, community members are invited to cool off at the City of Eugene’s libraries, community centers, swimming pools and parks.
All three Eugene Public Library locations are air-conditioned and free of charge. Hours and locations:
- The Downtown Library (100 West 10th Ave.)
Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday- Sunday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- The Bethel Branch Library (1990 Echo Hollow Rd.) and Sheldon Branch Library (1566 Coburg Rd.)
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tuesday: 12 – 8 p.m.
Eugene Rec swimming pools offer great relief from the heat. See each location’s website for recreational and lap swim times.
The City operates five community centers Monday through Friday that are air conditioned. The hours of operation and locations of those centers are:
- Amazon Community Center (2700 Hilyard St.) and Petersen Barn Community Center (870 Berntzen Rd.)
Monday through Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Campbell Community Center (155 High St.)
Monday: 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Tuesday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Hilyard Community Center (2580 Hilyard St.)
Monday through Friday: 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- River House Outdoor Center (301 North Adams St.)
Monday through Friday: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Spray play areas in City parks are a cooling resource, as well. Spray play areas are located in the following parks:
- Skinner Butte RiverPlay Playground