Drivers headed downtown on Sunday, Sept. 22, are urged to expect delays and plan ahead. Parts of several streets will be closed for the EUG Parade and Sunday Streets, an event that highlights active transportation and safety. Road closures will start around 7 a.m. and run until 5 p.m.
The closures are focused around Monroe Park, 8th Avenue, Broadway and the Park Blocks. They include:
- 8th Avenue closed from Monroe to Oak streets
- Broadway will be closed from Adams to Oak streets
- Oak and Lincoln closed from 8th Avenue to Broadway
- Monroe Street closed from 8th to 10th avenues
- Adams and 10th Avenue closed adjacent to Monroe Park
Cars will be permitted to cross Broadway at Jefferson and Washington streets. There will be people at the intersections to help guide traffic and make sure people are safe. Drivers are asked to slow down and use caution when driving near the event site as there will be more people than usual in the area.