The City Manager is accepting applications from public health professionals to serve on the review panel for the Multi-Unit Property Tax Exemption (MUPTE) program.
The panel provides a third-party review of the MUPTE program for the City Manager and meets as needed to:
- Review new MUPTE applications
- Review previously approved projects’ compliance with approval resolutions
- Prepare annual reports on the progress of the approved projects, the program’s volume cap, and reporting documentation
- Annually review overall program efficacy
The panel is comprised of neighborhood representatives (selected by neighborhood association boards and the neighborhood of the proposed MUPTE project) and six technical members selected by the City Manager. Technical member positions include:
- An architect/green building specialist
- A building trades union
- A developer
- An environmental professional
- A public health professional
- A human rights representative
How to Apply
Members serve for 3-year terms, with opportunities for renewal. The deadline to apply for the committee is Friday, January 17, 2020. To apply please submit a letter of interest and provide evidence of technical expertise. Letters of interest or questions should be directed to Dana Bernard or 99 West 10th Avenue, Eugene, OR 97401.
About the MUPTE Review Panel
The MUPTE Review Panel was established by the City Council (Ordinance 20556, Section 2.945(13)). The MUPTE program was revised and reinstated by the City Council in July 2015. The MUPTE program is enabled by state legislation and designed to encourage higher density housing and redevelopment in the core of the city. The program provides a tax exemption for up to 10-years on qualified, new multi-unit housing investments that occur within a targeted area, meet program requirements, and are reviewed and approved by council.