Mantente al Día: Servicios Actuales de la Biblioteca
Click here for advance information about expanded services that will start on Monday, August 24.
Information below reflects current services updated July 27.
Eugene Public Library staff are currently providing services in all ways possible, with safety as our top priority. We are here to help by phone seven days a week, 10am-6pm at 541-682-5450. Or contact us by email or live chat.
We are hosting activities online, including all-ages Summer Reading and book bingo, book groups, children’s events, and more.
Reopening will happen step by step. We are analyzing each service to determine when and how we can safely re-start it, while following official guidelines and protecting everyone’s health. Some services will need to work differently than before.
Thank you for your understanding and flexibility during this community collaboration. We are as eager to provide library services as you are to use them!
As of July 27:
- All Library buildings remain closed: Downtown, Bethel, and Sheldon.
- Downtown outside book returns are open Mon.-Sat., 7am-5pm. Bethel and Sheldon outside book returns are open Mon.-Sat., 11am-5pm. All due dates have been extended to Sept. 14. No fines will be charged.
- “Held” items can be picked up at curbside by appointment only. When your requested item is ready, you will receive a notice with instructions about how to schedule an appointment at your library location.
- Returned items are quarantined before being loaned out again.
- Online items including ebooks, audiobooks, streaming movies and shows, music, and magazines for all ages are available free with a library card. Start here.
- Online services including Lynda.com tutorials, Ancestry.com, Mango Languages lessons, and BrainFuse live tutors are available free with a library card. Start here.
- Through summer, online-use library cards are available free to all in Eugene, including if you live outside City limits. To get a card, call 541-682-5450.
- All library cards that would have expired before Sept. 14, or that were blocked, have been extended to Sept. 14 to allow continued online use.
We are here to help by phone seven days a week, 10am-6pm at 541-682-5450. Or contact us by email or live chat. Please get in touch any time you have questions, concerns, or when there’s anything we can assist with.
As we move forward together, we’ll make sure to keep you informed. For the most immediate updates, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, and sign up for our email newsletter.
For information about the City of Eugene COVID-19 response and plans, please visit www.eugene-or.gov/coronavirus.
For information about COVID-19, please visit Lane County Public Health’s website: www.lanecountyor.gov/coronavirus.