In response to temperatures predicted to fall below freezing Tuesday night (Dec. 1), Egan Warming Center will activate the following locations that will operate under strict COVID-19 protocols. The Warming Center is on standby for Wednesday through Friday nights (Dec. 2-4).
- Lane Events Center (County Fairgrounds), 796 West 13th Avenue
Egan will be opening two buildings here. Please note that due to public health guidelines, they are not permitted to have more than 50 people in each space, including volunteers. This means that they will only have space for 80 guests total. Accessible site. Pets are welcome.
- Wheeler Pavilion: Opens at 7 p.m.
- Expo Hall #2: Opens at 9 p.m.
- Youth Site at First United Methodist Church, 1376 Olive Street
This site will open at 6 p.m. Accessible Site. Pets are welcome.
- St. John Episcopal Church, 2537 Game Farm Road , Gateway Area
This site will open at 6:30 p.m. Please note, that they can only shelter 20 guests here. Once they reach that limit, they will be unable to accept anyone else and will not have another place in Springfield to send people. Egan is actively seeking more space in Springfield. Accessible site. Pets are welcome.
Egan has an ongoing need for volunteers. See information about the next training sessions:
- Tuesday, December 1, 6-7:30 p.m.: This will be a virtual Zoom training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP and get a link to the training.
- Thursday, December 3, 7-8:30 p.m. This will be a virtual Zoom training. Please email email@example.com to RSVP and get a link to the training.