Under Governor Kate Brown’s Oregon’s Risk and Protection Framework Lane County falls within the extreme risk category due to the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
To meet the new framework requirements and protect public health Eugene’s Municipal Court will institute the following changes, effective Wednesday, December 2:
- Eugene Municipal Court will be closed for in person appearances.
- All virtual and in-custody court appearances will continue as scheduled.
- In-custody court appearances are held daily at the Lane County Jail and can be viewed publicly from that location.
- Public viewing for other jail and virtual appearances is available onsite at the courthouse for a limited number of individuals.
- All other court appearances will be set-over to a future court date.
These measures will continue while the State of Oregon has assigned Lane County at the Extreme Risk level for COVID19.
Please make sure the municipal court has your current address to receive notices.
Most court business can be handled online, over the phone, or via mail. The best way to get a message to the court is through email, postal mail, or the drop box outside the courthouse.
Individuals with pending criminal charges are encouraged to call their attorneys for further information on clearing outstanding warrants. If you would like a virtual appearance in place of your in-person appearance, please contact your attorney and request a virtual appearance. If you do not have an attorney, please contact the court and request a virtual appearance. Virtual appearances can happen from most any personal device (phone, tablet, or computer).
Contact Eugene Municipal Court
Court Appointed Attorney Contacts
- Eckart Wostmann Wiese: 541-689-3261
- Rosta & Connelly: 541-343-8111
- Jessica Saydack: 541-852-2141